Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Survived

The first week back at work was awful, but I survived. It did seem to get less awful as the week progressed, so that might be a good sign. The first day back with the students there can't be discussed on a family website such as this one. I still have absolutely nothing on the walls in my classroom. But the school was kind enough to let us know that we could work for free over the weekend to get caught up on the things that we are required to do, that they do not allow us time for. That was very generous of them to have the building open for us over our weekend. Yeah, I won't be there.










Charlie and Gracie are doing fine. Gracie is still holding her weight at about 3.6 pound...Mini Cujo. We have been trying to feed her pumpkin, since she is the Shredder, however she usually chooses not to eat the pumpkin. Now she is shredding all of the throw rugs that I have in front of the doors. The good news is, I haven't had to do any drywall repairs in several weeks. I think I am going to start force feeding her pumpkin. Charlie, of course, is perfect. He never does anything wrong, and certainly never slobers on anyone....well maybe a little slober, okay, okay he slobers...some. :) Charlie is large. He is 'in size' for his breed now. (Standard is 18 - 20 inches at the shoulder and 70 - 85 pounds). I guess I need to take him the vet and weigh him. My guess is that he is probably about 75 pounds now.










We got the dogs each a real bone from the butcher. Charlie shares his, but Gracie is her typical Mini Cujo self about them, and she steals too!






Charlie's ball, under the coffee table. He can't reach.













This the monster picture I took of Marianne getting her braces. She probably won't appreciate it being on here, but it was priceless. I had to share it. :)

5 comments:

Jim said...

That picture of Marianne scared me.

Ezzyelf said...

you know, maybe it was a good thing my parnet did come in with me or Alien, it might have scared them.

sheltiemom said...

That is a good picture of you and Charlie! And I can't believe you're not taking them up on their offer to work for free!!! Gee Whizz! I see that Gracie
still has her nails done or is that a re-do? Did Marianne get to keep the red goggles? Those are cool!

Heather said...

Charlie's getting to be such a big boy. I'm glad i haven't gotten to the whole braces thing yet-cause if i can scare people in my present state, only image what the people putting braces on me would think . . .

Marianne said...

It is the the same nail polish paint job. I didn't know it would last this long!!! No, they took back the goggles.