Friday, June 25, 2010

Honduras Trip



























































































The trip to Honduras was amazing. The country is absolutely stunning....and then you have the ugliness of the horrific poverty that is there. Much of the country lives in conditions that we would not allow our pets to live in. In fact, the dog house that I built for Sam many years ago is much better than most of them have. I am very thankful for all that the Lord has allowed me to have. I am very blessed.





We went to 2 schools up in the mountains while we were there, all of which were grades 1 - 6. One was a one room school, the other a 2 room school. The kids were very well mannered and very gracious and thankful for the school supplies we brought for them. We visited a couple of the mountain churches were the youth on the trip did some dramas and Pastor Josh (our youth pastor) did some preaching. We prayed for those that wanted prayer.






















I have a little over 300 pictures from my trip, so those here are just a few. Connect to my facebook and you will find the address were I uploaded all the photos on shutterfly if you are interested. Many of the things I would have liked to take pictures of I couldn't because of where we were and such.
San Pedro Sula was quite hot and very muggy. It is full of graffiti, some gang related, but a lot of it is politically driven. Driving through San Pedro Sula is like driving through Atlanta with traffic laws.














It was pretty hot there, but cooler tempertures in the mountains that what it was in Anderson while we were in Honduras. In fact, it has been hotter here since I got back. It was 103 here yesterday, and 101 today. I came through a terrible, hurricane like storm coming back from main street today and was excited because it was raining...the grass is turning brown, not good...but when I got home, there was no rain here.

3 comments:

Jim Warner said...

Wonderful pictures. Very powerful. Thank you for posting them.

Anne said...

The country is so beautiful and then the poverty there is so ugly. It almost surreal.

Heather said...

Those are absolutely wonderful pictures. They do have that surreal feal to them, almost like most of them were posed for, but I'd be willing to bet they weren't.