Friday, June 4, 2010

Chickens!















Bob and Abigail, checking out their new home.























Bob had a customer in Due West that was trying to get rid of some of his chickens, roosters actually, and it turned out that they were Plymouth Barred Rocks. So Bob gave the guy some free freon and the guy gave Bob a rooster and a hen. So now I have a pair of chickens for my beautified chicken pen. They are very tame. You can pick them up. It's cool. In recognition for his good deed, I have named the rooster after Bob and the hen is Abigail.









Jim gave me these 3 plants - they are some sort of flowering plant/bush. I don't know what they are called but they are pretty and when they get bigger, they will provide some shade from the afternoon sun for the chickens. The one in the middle is starting to bloom.

The grape plants, which were little sticks when I got them, are growing nicely.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Anne! Very cool looking chickens - are these brown egg chickens?

Heather said...

More chickens! Now at least I know what those chickens look like

Anne said...

Brown Eggs, yummy! We got our first egg from Abigail yesterday.