Thursday, June 3, 2010

Garden Harvest










Memorial Day harvest of the garden resulted in more food than we could eat. We've eaten broccoli and spinach almost every day and we've barely made a dent in it. Obviously, I need to learn the proper way to freeze fresh broccoli.








Thank God school is almost out. I've had more than I can stand there this year. They have again promoted someone with no credentials or degrees or certification when there are people in the building that do have the degrees and certification. The good ole' boys system is alive and well here. It's all been pretty sickening. They have let more teachers go and yet keep people that are 'double dipping' on the TERI Program.....collecting paycheck and retirement from the district. They have even extended the TERI Program another year, overturning a previous vote to get rid of it because of the added expense to the district. Don't get me wrong I AM thankful that I have a job. But what happen to common sense??

Well, I leave a week from Sunday for Honduras. I am excited about that. I am not ready yet, but I am looking forward to what the Lord has in store for us.
I was on my way home from work Tuesday and saw this beautiful display in the sky...I was hoping I was going home for real!

No comments: