Thursday, July 23, 2009

Crepe Myrtles




Believe it or not, the crepe myrtles are blooming in spite of the draught. After the year we had last year, I wasn't even sure they were still alive. I was pretty surprised when they started blooming. I have been feeling rather lazy the last few days and have not done much of anything. I trimmed a couple of the trees, but that is about it. The garden needs weeding, but the ground is so hard, and cracking, that you can't pull the weeds out anyway. Still no rain.

2 comments:

Heather said...

If I could send you some of the rain that we've been getting, I so would. We still have standing water in the yard in multiple spots and it's supposed to rain half the weekend. We could go for a dry spell, we haven't even gotten hay in at the farm because it won't quit raining. Come take some of the rain, really we could use the dry week or so!
At least the Mrytle's are pretty though. :)

Anne said...

PLEASE Do send the rain!!