Sunday, July 31, 2011

Too Hot, Too Dry









I think we are all suffering from too much heat and not enough rain. I am making some feeble attempts at watering my fruit trees enough to keep them alive. The cherry trees along the driveway are suffering, not looking too good at all. I let the dogs out when I was moving the sprinkler around in the front yard on the fruit trees and purple magnolia. Sarah made a bee line for it. So then Charlie realized what was going on and joined in. It was pretty funny. Good entertainment for a hot day.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I can't beleive how brown everything looks! It just can't seem to be so! I've always pictured the Carolina's as green grassy states. . . . are you secretly not in south carolina???
Looks like Sarah and Charlie both had a ball or should that be sprinkler?

Hayseed Happenings said...

Looks like fun for humans, too!

Anne said...

The pasture situation is extremely bad. I am feeding Jake hay and have been since June. He was losing weight.