Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer Days




Marianne's friend Ashley spent the night and they had a good time together. They really had fun in the pool.
I started making a baby blankie quite some time ago, but working two jobs was not conducive to getting it completed on time. Now that Logan is 7 weeks old, I have finally finished it. I will take it to him tomorrow when Marianne and I go to Greenville to babysit him so that Mickie and Tim can go to see a movie.
...some of the details can be seen here...





I picked a bunch of tomatoes out of the garden, gave many away, and still have these left, so I made a batch of spagetti sauce out of them. Marianne approved.



I also made quite a haul on the corn on the cob. We ate some, shared some, and put some in the freezer.







Mickie's friend Katie came up for a visit just before I went to Honduras. She wanted me to make a cake for her and she is a Lilo and Stitch fan, so I made this cake for her. I am a bit out of practice on doing a cake like this, but it turned out pretty cute anyway.







3 comments:

sheltiemom said...

You do such beautiful work. Logan's blanket is a work of art!

Heather said...

Yes, def very pretty blankie, I'm sure he'll love it!!!

Cathryn said...

Wow! You definitely sidestepped your calling. You may enjoy teaching math, but you are an artist! The cake is beautiful and the blanket is amazing!