Monday, July 19, 2010

Birthdays, Family, and Fun

This giant cantelope is on its way to Lisa and Jim's house via Andy. This is one of the really big ones. It weighs 8 1/2 pounds. It is not yet at optimal ripeness. By Wednesday it should be very tasty. I picked a 6 1/2 pound one the other day. We are still eating that one. I fed one of the other ones to the horses. They were delighted with that. I think they liked that cantelope even more than they like watermelon.






Mickie, Tim, Logan, and Barry were all over in honor of Mickie's 27th birthday....I am getting so old....anyway we had a good visit. I made a Strawberry Shortcake Character Cake for the birthday; one of Mickie's old favorites from childhood.






















Logan is growing like a weed...cutest baby ever!! He is already 9 weeks old. He was 24 1/4 inches and 15.1 pounds at his last check up. He is still working on holding up his own head. His individual personality is starting to come out more and more. Did I mention that I love my grandson?







The baby chicks are growing like crazy. I think it is like the fish and the size of the aquarium thing because the chicks seem to be growing more every single day.










I have been working on making them a little bit tamer so I was thrilled when they finally decided that they trusted me enough to eat out of my hands










They are all doing well and seem to be well adjusted. Many thanks to Jim and Lisa for these chicks.

1 comment:

sheltiemom said...

The cantelope was awesome, I'm going to save some seeds and see if we can grow one next year. Thank you for the pictures of the chicks, they're growing nicely! Ours need a bigger space! Mickie's cake looks yummy and I have to say Logan does look cute!