Thursday, May 14, 2009

Going Green
















I am very happy to report that we now have green things growing in the garden. The green beans and cowpeas are sprouting. Some of them are even 2 inches tall. We are hoping for some spinach. It bombed last time, but I Love spinach!! So I thought I would give it another try.
The tomatoe plant has baby tomatoes on it. Even the acorn squash is just starting to break through the clay. We also have eggplant, okra, grape tomatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, summer squash, zucchini, canteloupe, and the potential for onions, carrots, and daikon radishes.
Work has been really, really awful this year!! I really need to win the lottery...oh yeah, I don't buy tickets. Rats! I'll have to keep working. With all the pay cuts and my property taxes going up this year....it has been rough. They are essentially going to be paying us about what we were making in 2006 for the next school (2009-2010). As if anyone could afford to live on that now. So I have taken a part-time position (adjunct) at Tri-County Tech for the next school year. So I will be there on Monday and Wednesday nights in the fall. Less than a month of school left. I can't wait for summer!!! I need it more than the kids do!!!

4 comments:

Hayseed Happenings said...

Green stuff in your garden! That is impressive! I haven't planted mine yet, but have two collards that wintered over and are resprouting. A couple of scallions regrew too, but look like something out of a frankenstein movie.

Heather said...

Green stuff!! We'll have to get ours going. dad's little peatpots are growing little sprouty things

Anne said...

I am very happy that things are growing in the garden now. The acorn squash is actual plants now too. They have broken through the clay and are about an inch or so tall. We even got rain last night, so I won't need to water today.

sheltiemom said...

You have beans and cowpeas!!! My beans washed away and we'll have to start over! Our spinach didn't make it either. But the collards and onions and broccoli and tomatoes are looking okay. Hooray!!