Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chicken Dinner













I was thinking about letting the chickens out for the day since they have been couped up for quite some time now. But when I looked out the back door I noticed something odd about the chicken pen. A closer inspection of the situation made me decide to leave the chickens in the chicken coup for the day. sitting on top of the chicken pen was a hawk. I quess the hawk was trying to figure out how to get to them for dinner.










Sunday, we took it easy. We ate left over pizza after church. Then just watched a movie. Gracie was being snuggly. Later today we will be going back to our church to participate in their Trunk or Treat Tailgating Party. We went last year and it was lots of fun.

Saturday evening sunset.

2 comments:

sheltiemom said...

Oh Wow!! That hawk is bigger than your chickens! He would have probably eaten several!

Heather said...

at least you didn't mistaken it for a chicken with it's size. was it neat to see one that close? I've handled red-tailed hawks before, but i think they're bigger than your little friend.