Thursday, June 11, 2009

More Yummy

Marianne and I had a delicious salad with dinner. Everything in the salad was from the garden except for the carrot and the tomatoe: lettuce, zucchini, summer squash, and daikon radish, picked fresh! (My tomatoes are doing great, but are not ready just yet.) Some of the summer and zucchini squash went in the salad the rest went on the grill with the salmon. It was all very delicious!!

Today was my first official day of summer break. It was a good day. Not much excitement, but it was good. I did have to kill another snake today, 3rd one this year. I quess that was a little excitement, but not really the good kind. I spent about 2 hours or so mowing this morning, but quit when it got too hot out. I'll work on it some more tomorrow. Marianne and I went into town and ran some errands. It was terribly hot out so we had to go to Rita's for some Ice Custard Happiness while we were in town. After dinner I went out and pulled some weeds in the garden. I think they grow faster than anything else, but I'm making progress.

2 comments:

Jim Warner said...

Rita's? Where have I heard of that before?

Anne said...

Hmmm, couldn't be Marianne, could it??